Zeiss Mark II Planetarium Projector at the Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, circa 1935
- Zeiss Mark II Planetarium Projector at the Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, circa 1935
- Date Created
- [circa 1935]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of the Zeiss Mark II Planetarium Projector at the Griffith Observatory. The projector produced an accurate image of the stars and other astronomical objects on the dome of the planetarium. It was manufactured by Zeiss Optical Works; a label on the planetarium reads "Carl Zeiss, Jena, Germany."
The Griffith Observatory was created using a design developed by architects John C. Austin and Frederick M. Ashley based on preliminary sketches by Russell W. Porter.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Astronomical observatories--California--Los Angeles
- Griffith Observatory
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .