Mayor Frank L. Shaw and Mabel Socha participate in the ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone of the Griffith Park Observatory, Los Angeles, 1934
- Mayor Frank L. Shaw and Mabel Socha participate in the ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone of the Griffith Park Observatory, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- July 12, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A different photograph of Mabel Socha and Mayor Shaw taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Park Hall's Stone Laid: Ceremonies at Observatory: Humanitarian Potentialities of Institution Hailed by Notable Speakers: Col. Griffith, Donor, Lauded; Mayor, Millikan and Others Present," Los Angeles Times, 13 Jul. 1934: A1.
Mayor Frank L. Shaw and Mabel Socha, president of the Board of Park Commissioners, participate in the ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone of the Griffith Park Observatory. Both hold trowels. An unidentified man holding a top hat stands at the left of the photograph.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .