Extension of Wilshire Boulevard through Westlake Park, Los Angeles, 1934
- Extension of Wilshire Boulevard through Westlake Park, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
In 1934, a berm was built across MacArthur Park in order to connect Wilshire to Orange Street, which was then renamed Wilshire Boulevard.
Construction vehicles clear way for new roadway through Westlake Park. Westlake Theater and its three-story neon sign can be seen in the distance.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
MacArthur Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Wilshire Boulevard (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Road construction--California--Los Angeles
- MacArthur Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .