Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church with fundraising banners, Los Angeles, 1928
- Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church with fundraising banners, Los Angeles, 1928
Allison, James Edward, 1870-1955
Allison, David Clark, 1881-1962
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Exterior view of the main facade of the Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church. Signs on the church advertise a fundraising effort to prevent foreclosure, reading: "Save The Tower! $25,000 will do it. Will You Give It?" and "$50,000 Will Save This Church. Have You Given Your Bit for Religion? This Church belongs to Everybody." A tower-shaped sign to indicate the status of the fundraising effort is at the corner of the property. Other signs read: "Leila Castberg Preacher ... Church of Divine Power...Service, Sunday 7:30," and "May 6 The Miracle Church, Dr. Frank Dyer...Duled By Money...7:30."
Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church was designed by the architectural firm Allison and Allison Architects. It is located at 4350 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, and is the home of the Wilshire United Methodist Church (10/2012).
Wilshire Boulevard Congregational Church is located at 4350 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Historic buildings--California--Los Angeles
Romanesque revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles
Congregational churches--California--Los Angeles
- Wilshire United Methodist Church (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.