Chinese New Year percussionists and revelers in Chinatown, Los Angeles, 1928
- Chinese New Year percussionists and revelers in Chinatown, Los Angeles, 1928
- Date Created
- January 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Bing, Zing, Boom! Happy New Year," Los Angeles Times, 27 Jan 1928: A1.
Chinese men, women, and children, some in costume, observe the festivities of the New Year along with Mexicans and Americans.
A group of Chinese men walk down the street, two of the men playing symbols and another playing a large drum.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Marching percussion--California--Los Angeles
Chinese New Year--California--Los Angeles
Parades & processions--California--Los Angeles
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .