Spectators gather at City Hall to commemorate 151st anniversary of settlers in Los Angeles, 1932
- Spectators gather at City Hall to commemorate 151st anniversary of settlers in Los Angeles, 1932
- Date Created
- September 5, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, “ROMANTIC PAST OF CITY REVIEWED ON BIRTHDAY,” Los Angeles Times, 6 Sep. 1932: A1.
A view of spectators ready to hear speeches at City Hall steps, take from the building's facade. Military personnel stand in formation on the street and the State Building and County Courthouse are visible in the background. The "Birthday Fiesta Pageant" marks the anniversary of Spanish settlers' "founding" of Los Angeles.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Military personnel--American--California--Los Angeles
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .