Governor Young and John C. Austin at groundbreaking ceremony for State Building, Los Angeles, 1930
- Governor Young and John C. Austin at groundbreaking ceremony for State Building, Los Angeles, 1930
- Date Created
- August 21, 1930
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph appears with the article, “State Building Ground Broken,” Los Angeles Times, 22 Aug 1930: A1.
Governor C. C. Young (far right) and John C. Austin (center) joined officials during the groundbreaking ceremony for the new State Building on First and Spring streets. A sign in the background estimates the cost of the construction to be $1,250,000.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Ground breaking ceremonies--California--Los Angeles
Austin, John C. W. (John Corneby Wilson), 1870-1963
Young, C. C. (Clement Calhoun), 1869-1947
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .