Governor Young and John C. Austin at groundbreaking ceremony for State Building, Los Angeles, 1930
- Governor Young and John C. Austin at groundbreaking ceremony for State Building, Los Angeles, 1930
- Date Created
- August 21, 1930
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Governor C. C. Young (far right) and John C. Austin (center) joined officials during the groundbreaking ceremony for the new State Building on First and Spring streets. A sign in the background estimates the cost of the construction to be $1,250,000.
This photograph appears with the article, “State Building Ground Broken,” Los Angeles Times, 22 Aug 1930: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Austin, John C. W. (John Corneby Wilson), 1870-1963
Young, C. C. (Clement Calhoun), 1869-1947
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Ground breaking ceremonies--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .