Broadway Tunnel, Fort Moore Hill and the Hall of Justice seen from Spring Street, Los Angeles, 1925-1939
- Broadway Tunnel, Fort Moore Hill and the Hall of Justice seen from Spring Street, Los Angeles, 1925-1939
- Date Created
- [between 1925-1939]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The Hall of Justice is the oldest surviving government building in the Los Angeles Civic Center, that collection of city, county and federal buildings stretching for several blocks along Temple and First Streets in downtown Los Angeles. The building was completed in 1925.
View down Spring Street from the intersection with Sunset Blvd. (now Cesar Chavez Avenue), facing SW towards the Broadway Tunnel on the right, and the Hall of Justice of the left beyond Fort Moore Hill. A Standard [gas] Station is on the corner. A sign reading "IT'S IN THE EXAMINER" (seen from the back) is visible in the upper center of the photograph. There are 4 billboard signs above and to the left of Broadway Tunnel advertising Carnation Milk and " Aunt Jemina's Daddy!". Rear view of the Hall of Justice Building. A gas station (Standard Stations Inc.) is in the shot as well.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Hall of Justice (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Government facilities--American--California--Los Angeles
Broadway Tunnel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Fort Moore Hill (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .