Jerry the Greek laces up the boxing gloves of Kingfish Levinsky, Los Angeles, 1934
- Jerry the Greek laces up the boxing gloves of Kingfish Levinsky, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- June 2, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
King Levinsky has returned to Los Angeles after failing to fight Art Lasky in Chicago due to a nervous breakdown that left him hospitalized for several days. He appears to be in good health, preparing for the rescheduled fight with Lasky on June 12th.
Jerry laces up one of Kingfish's gloves outside of a boxing ring.
Photograph appears with the article, "King Levinsky Opens Training For Art Lasky," Los Angeles Times, 02 June 1934: A7.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Boxers (Sports)--California--Los Angeles
Manhattan Gymnasium (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Luvadis, Jerry, 1886-1938
Levinsky, King, 1910-1991
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .