Dr. Paul Koretz, Louis B. Mayer, and Michael Balcon meet, Los Angeles, 1935
- Dr. Paul Koretz, Louis B. Mayer, and Michael Balcon meet, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- March 15, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Koretz, Mayer, and Balcon stand together in front of scarce bushes on a brick path overgrown with grass.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Briton Sets Screen Goal," Los Angeles Times, 16 Mar 1935: A3.
Michael Balcon hopes to return to England and produce films as good as those with American backgrounds, if not better. Representative lawyer of M.G.M. and Fox Paul Koretz observes that Hollywood became famous for motion pictures while Vienna, Austria, became famous for its' composers.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Motion picture producers & directors--British--California--Los Angeles
Gaumont British Picture Corp.
Motion picture producers & directors--American--California--Los Angeles
Mayer, Louis B. (Louis Burt), 1885-1957
Koretz, Paul, b. 1885 or 86
Balcon, Michael, 1896-1977
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .