Dr. Paul Koretz, Louis B. Mayer, and Michael Balcon meet, Los Angeles, 1935
- Dr. Paul Koretz, Louis B. Mayer, and Michael Balcon meet, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- March 15, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Briton Sets Screen Goal," Los Angeles Times, 16 Mar 1935: A3.
Koretz, Mayer, and Balcon stand together in front of scarce bushes on a brick path overgrown with grass.
Michael Balcon hopes to return to England and produce films as good as those with American backgrounds, if not better. Representative lawyer of M.G.M. and Fox Paul Koretz observes that Hollywood became famous for motion pictures while Vienna, Austria, became famous for its' composers.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Gaumont British Picture Corp.
Motion picture producers & directors--American--California--Los Angeles
Motion picture producers & directors--British--California--Los Angeles
Balcon, Michael, 1896-1977
Mayer, Louis B. (Louis Burt), 1885-1957
Koretz, Paul, b. 1885 or 86
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.