Judge Robert W. Kenny presiding over the divorce case of Marie Pergain Jennings, Los Angeles, 1933
- Judge Robert W. Kenny presiding over the divorce case of Marie Pergain Jennings, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- May 23, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Marie Pergain is recorded as an actress and a piano student of Dr. James Alexis Kall in the late 1920's (Los Angeles Times). Youca Troubetzkoy divorced Marie Victoria Pergain in June 1931 (Los Angeles Times). Ancestry.com documents Marie Troubetzkoy living with Elsie Swan (35, her mother?), Cecile Pergain (18) and Cleo Pergain (13) in Beverly Hills in the 1930 Census.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Wife Wins Divorce in Quick Time; Pianist Liberated From Marital Ties," Los Angeles Times, 24 May 1933: A16.
Judge Robert W. Kenny presiding over the divorce proceedings of pianist Marie Pergain Jennings, in the witness stand, and her husband.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Judicial proceedings--California--Los Angeles
Jennings, Marie Pergain Troubetzkoy, b. 1911
Kenny, Robert W. (Robert Walker), 1901-1976
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .