Prince Kaya of Japan with Frank Shaw, Harry L. Harper, Senichi Kushibuchi and Tomokazu Hori at the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1934
- Prince Kaya of Japan with Frank Shaw, Harry L. Harper, Senichi Kushibuchi and Tomokazu Hori at the Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- August 29, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Prince Kaya of Japan, center, with (front row l-r) Frank Shaw (Mayor of Los Angeles); Harry L. Harper (President of the Chamber of Commerce); (back row l-r) Col. Senichi Kushibuchi (aide to the Prince); and Tomokazu Hori (Japanese consul of Southern California) at a luncheon at the Biltmore Hotel hosted by the city and the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce. The flags of the United States and Japan are on the wall behind the group.
Prince and Princess Kaya undertook a seven-month world tour in 1934, visiting the United States, Great Britain, France, and Germany. The tour received extensive press coverage at the time.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Kaya, Tsunenori, 1900-1978
Hori, Tomokazu, b. ca. 1897
Harper, Harry L., 1886-1954
Kushibuchi, Senichi, 1890-1964
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .