Prince and Princess Kaya of Japan with Senichi Kushibuchi and Mayor Frank Shaw upon their arrival at the La Grande Station, Los Angeles, 1934
- Prince and Princess Kaya of Japan with Senichi Kushibuchi and Mayor Frank Shaw upon their arrival at the La Grande Station, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- August 28, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Prince and Princess Kaya of Japan with Lieut.-Col. Senichi Kushibuchi (aide-de-camp of Prince Kaya, left), Kihuye Matsumura (lady in waiting to Princess Kaya, far left) and Mayor Frank Shaw (right) upon their arrival at the La Grande Station. Prince Kaya and Senichi Kushibuchi wear military uniforms.
Prince and Princess Kaya undertook a seven-month world tour in 1934, visiting the United States, Great Britain, France, and Germany. The tour received extensive press coverage at the time.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Kushibuchi, Senichi, 1890-1964
Kaya, Tsunenori, 1900-1978
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Arrivals & departures--Japanese--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .