Boxers Tiger Flowers and Eddie Huffman in a match at Ascot Park, Gardena, 1926
- Boxers Tiger Flowers and Eddie Huffman in a match at Ascot Park, Gardena, 1926
- Date Created
- July 24, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph published in article: "Tiger Flowers Whips Eddie Huffman at Ascot," Los Angeles Times, 24 Jul. 1926: A1.
Tiger Flowers was the first African American middleweight boxing champion. He was the winner of the match with Huffman. This match took place in Ascot park near Gardena, Calif., which became a raceway in 1957 and later closed in 1990.
Boxers Tiger Flowers (back) and Eddie Huffman in a match at Ascot Park with a referee in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .