Unidentified golfer at the Los Angeles Open, 1933
- Unidentified golfer at the Los Angeles Open, 1933
- Date Created
- January 4-10, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
The Los Angeles Open was held from January 4-10, 1933 at the Wilshire Country Club in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles. Craig Wood won by a margin of 4 strokes, earning $1,525. Runners-up were Leo Diegel and Willie Hunter.
Related story: “GOLFING GREATS TEE OFF AT WILSHIRE: SARAZEN AND MAC SMITH TOURNAMENT FAVORITES Brilliant Field, Perfect Weather Assured as Los Angeles Open Starts Off This Morning,” Los Angeles Times, 07 Jan 1933: 5
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .