Robert Wilson and Dr. F.A. Fender with Dr. Light's seaplane, San Pedro, 1935
- Robert Wilson and Dr. F.A. Fender with Dr. Light's seaplane, San Pedro, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Surgical instructor at Yale Medical School Dr. Richard Light is flying around the world on his Bellanca seaplane accompanied by recent Yale graduate Robert Wilson. They have flown to Labrador, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, England, Italy, Mesopotamia, India, Siam, the Malay States, the Dutch East Indies, and Manila.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Flying Doctor and Chum Arrive on World Tour," Los Angeles Times, 12 Jan 1935: A1.
Dr. Fender and Robert stand on a rudder of the plane.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Fender, F.A., (Dr.)
- San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .