Charles B. Wilson, Civil War veteran who escorted Abraham Lincoln to Richmond after the end of the war, Los Angeles, 1927
- Charles B. Wilson, Civil War veteran who escorted Abraham Lincoln to Richmond after the end of the war, Los Angeles, 1927
- Date Created
- February 1927
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- Civil War veteran Charles B. Wilson in his home at 2328 Eleventh Avenue, standing next to a wall case with military medals. Another photograph of Charles B. Wilson taken at the same photo session appears in an article titled: "Sidelights on Lincoln Given: Memories of Emancipator Recalled by Angeleno; Civil War Veteran Tells of His Acquaintanceship; Birthday to be Observed by Many Organizations" on 2/12/1927. The article reports 2 stories told by Charles B. Wilson about his encounters with Abraham Lincoln during and after the Civil War.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .