Bert C. Webster visits the location of Dr. Benjamin Baldwin's body with police, Newhall, 1924
- Bert C. Webster visits the location of Dr. Benjamin Baldwin's body with police, Newhall, 1924
- Date Created
- April 1924
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Bert Webster stands with a group of men, the one closest to the camera most likely identifiable as Detective Longuevan.
Similar photograph appears with the headline, "Where Trunk Was Cast Into Ditch by Slayer and Man Held in Case," Los Angeles Times, 14 Apr 1924: 2.
Margaret Willis and Bert C. Webster tossed the body of Dr. Benjamin Baldwin over this railing a short distance south of the Newhall tunnel after Willis killed him and stuffed his body into a trunk.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .