Professor H. C. Willett, Dr. Robert A. Millikan, Dr. Willis Gregg, Lieut. T. J. O'Brien, Dr. Theodore Von Karman, and Capt. A. H. Thiessen gather at conference, Pasadena, 1934
- Professor H. C. Willett, Dr. Robert A. Millikan, Dr. Willis Gregg, Lieut. T. J. O'Brien, Dr. Theodore Von Karman, and Capt. A. H. Thiessen gather at conference, Pasadena, 1934
- Date Created
- June 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The men stand tightly together in front of an open door.
The objectives of the weather conference are forecasting methods, cooperation between eastern and western meteorologists, and adoption by the Weather Bureau.
Photograph appears with the article, "Weather Experts Discuss Program for New Service," Los Angeles Times, 12 June 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
California Institute of Technology
O'Brien, T.J., (Lieutenant)
Willett, Hurd C. (Hurd Curtis), 1903-
Thiessen, Alfred H., 1872-1956
Millikan, Robert Andrews, 1868-1953
Gregg, Willis Ray, 1880-1938
Von Kármán, Theodore, 1881-1963
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .