Professor H. C. Willett, Dr. Robert A. Millikan, Dr. Willis Gregg, Lieut. T. J. O'Brien, Dr. Theodore Von Karman, and Capt. A. H. Thiessen gather at conference, Pasadena, 1934
- Professor H. C. Willett, Dr. Robert A. Millikan, Dr. Willis Gregg, Lieut. T. J. O'Brien, Dr. Theodore Von Karman, and Capt. A. H. Thiessen gather at conference, Pasadena, 1934
- Date Created
- June 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The men stand tightly together in front of an open door.
The objectives of the weather conference are forecasting methods, cooperation between eastern and western meteorologists, and adoption by the Weather Bureau.
Photograph appears with the article, "Weather Experts Discuss Program for New Service," Los Angeles Times, 12 June 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
O'Brien, T.J., (Lieutenant)
California Institute of Technology
Gregg, Willis Ray, 1880-1938
Millikan, Robert Andrews, 1868-1953
Willett, Hurd C. (Hurd Curtis), 1903-
Von Kármán, Theodore, 1881-1963
Thiessen, Alfred H., 1872-1956
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.