Captain Bert Wallis, Peter Soo Hoo, Dr. S. J. Lin, and Chief of Police Joseph Taylor prepare for potential conflict in Chinatown, Los Angeles, 1935
- Captain Bert Wallis, Peter Soo Hoo, Dr. S. J. Lin, and Chief of Police Joseph Taylor prepare for potential conflict in Chinatown, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- March 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Davis Warns Tong Chiefs," Los Angeles Times, 06 Mar 1935: A10.
Chief of Police Davis is determined to prevent any trouble in the Chinatown community that may result from differences between the Hop Sing tong, Bing Kung tong and the Four Families Association. Extra officers will be dispatched to Chinatown and special squads have been ordered to check for weapons and question all suspicious Asian people in areas where violations of law are suspected.
Wallis, Soohoo, Dr. Lin, and Chief Taylor gather around a clipboard.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .