USC President Dr. Rufus B. von Kleinsmid receives a diploma from French Consul Henri Didot, Los Angeles, 1928
- USC President Dr. Rufus B. von Kleinsmid receives a diploma from French Consul Henri Didot, Los Angeles, 1928
- Date Created
- January 10, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A different photograph of Dr. Rufus B. von Kleinsmid taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Educator's Work Brings Distinction From Aboard; Honor Paid Von KleinSmid; French Decoration for Aiding Learning Pinned on Educator at Notable Biltmore Gathering," Los Angeles Times, 11 Jan. 1928: A1.
During a ceremony at the Biltmore Hotel, French philanthropist Lucien Brunswig (far left) stands beside French Consul Henri Didot as he hands the diploma of the Order of L'Instruction Publique to USC President Dr. Rufus B. von Kleinsmid, for his work in promoting international education and good will. Kleinsmid was also made an office of the order and awarded a medal. On his right is retired French Capt. Charles Vical, who started a French language school in Los Angeles.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- College presidents--California--Los Angeles
Vical, Charles, b. 1875 or 76
Didot, Henri, 1874-1968
Brunswig, Lucien N. (Lucien Napoleon), 1854-1943
Kleinsmid, Rufus Bernhard von, 1875-1964
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .