Dignitaries at the dedication ceremony for a proposed Lutheran university, Los Angeles, 1928
- Dignitaries at the dedication ceremony for a proposed Lutheran university, Los Angeles, 1928
- Date Created
- March 25, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Dignitaries at the dedication ceremony for the site of a new university the Lutheran Church planned to build in Los Angeles. Standing, left to right: Dr. Edward M. Stensrud, president of the board of directors of the Los Angeles University Corporation; his wife Selma Stendsrud; Dr. Ray Lyman Wilbur, president of Stanford University and keynote speaker at the event; his wife, Marguerite Wilbur; Miss Wilbur (perhaps Dr. Wilbur's sister Celia); Los Angeles Mayor George Cryer; UCLA President George E. Moore; W. G. Cooper; and the Reverend Jens H. Vammen of the Bethel Danish Lutheran Church.
Reported in the article, "New University Site Dedicated; Dr. Wilbur Speaks at Del Rey Hills Ceremony; Lutheran Institution Will Cost $5,000,000," Los Angeles Times, 26 Mar. 1928: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Universities & colleges--California--Los Angeles
Wilbur, Marguerite, 1875-1946
Wilbur, Ray L. (Ray Lyman), 1875-1949
Stensrud, Selma, 1884-1963
Vammen, Jens H., 1885-1968
Cryer, George E., 1875-1961
Stensrud, E. M. (Edward Martinus)
Cooper, W. G.
Moore, Ernest Carroll, 1871-
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .