Junior Chamber of Commerce members at a meeting probably at the Biltmore, Los Angeles, 1934
- Junior Chamber of Commerce members at a meeting probably at the Biltmore, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
E. Richard West, president of the U.S. Junior Chamber of Commerce, speaks at a meeting. Judge Clarence L. Kincaid is seated 3rd from the left (behind another man) and Leroy D. Owen is seated at the foreground table (2nd from left).
As president of the Junior Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles, E. Richard Smith guided their efforts to curb communism in 1934, assisted by other organization members, including Leroy D. Owen (realtor of industrial properties) and Judge Kincaid. These members are identified as participants in the "American Crusade" effort in the article "Many Back Red Attack: Junior Chamber Drive Aided," Los Angeles Times, 15 Jul. 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Public speaking--California--Los Angeles
West, E. Richard (Erling Richard), 1901-1970
Junior Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Kincaid, Clarence L.
Owen, LeRoy D. (LeRoy David), 1897-1973
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.