Sculptress Julia Bracken Wendt and Mayor Frank Shaw next to a newly dedicated fountain that includes her work, Los Angeles, 1933
- Sculptress Julia Bracken Wendt and Mayor Frank Shaw next to a newly dedicated fountain that includes her work, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- September 13, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Sculptress Julia Bracken Wendt stands in front of City Hall with Los Angeles Mayor Frank Shaw next to the newly dedicated fountain honoring U.S. Senator Frank P. Flint.
Wendt created the bronze sculpture of the senator's head that is pressed into the center of the face of the fountain.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Tributes Paid Flint at Rites; Memorial Fountain Unveiled on City Hall Lawn; High Officials Among 1000 Persons at Ceremony." 14 Sep. 1933: A8.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
City Hall (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
Wendt, Julia Bracken, 1870-1942
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.