Attorney Olin Wellborn III waiting to testify before the Los Angeles County Grand Jury, Los Angeles, 1933
- Attorney Olin Wellborn III waiting to testify before the Los Angeles County Grand Jury, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- May 3, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Attorney Olin Wellborn III, seated on a bench in a hallway, waiting to testify before the Grand Jury about an investigation into allegations of bribery in the Los Angeles City Attorney election.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Election Plot Charge Shifted; Otto, Kely Figure in Repeated Bribe Deal, Summoned; Chesebro, Haight and Kemp Also Called by Jury; Fitts Traces Asserted Steps Taken Against Werner." 4 May, 1933: A1.
Wellborn worked on the successful campaign of Raymond L. Chesebro. The allegations were that members of the Chesebro campaign had attempted to bribe a member of the Grand Jury into filing charges against City Attorney Erwin Werner while he was running for office. Three men were indicted by the Grand Jury but Wellborn was not one of them.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .