Mariechen M. Wehselau, future Olympic Gold Medal swimmer, Los Angeles, 1924
- Mariechen M. Wehselau, future Olympic Gold Medal swimmer, Los Angeles, 1924
- Date Created
- May 17, 1924
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Mariechen M. Wehselau (later Jackson) was an American swimmer who competed in the 1924 Summer Olympics, where she won a gold medal in the 4×100 m freestyle relay event and silver medal in the 100 m freestyle event.
Mariechen Wehselau, standing on the roof of a building wearing her swimsuit. Wehselau was in Los Angeles for exhibition swims en route to the Olympic tryouts in New York on June 7-8.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.