Heavy cruisers, the USS San Francisco and the USS New Orleans, Southern California, 1935-1939
- Heavy cruisers, the USS San Francisco and the USS New Orleans, Southern California, 1935-1939
- Date Created
- [between 1935-1939]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The USS San Francisco would become one of the most decorated ships in World War II. The USS New Orleans was moored at Pearl Harbor during the Japanese attack but did not suffer any serious damage.
The USS San Francisco, a New Orleans-class heavy cruiser, at sea in the foreground, with the USS New Orleans, another heavy cruiser, in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .