Dr. F.E. Townsend arrives to discuss the "Townsend Plan," Los Angeles, 1934.
- Dr. F.E. Townsend arrives to discuss the "Townsend Plan," Los Angeles, 1934.
- Date Created
- [circa September 28, 1934]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Handwritten on negative: Dr. F.E. Townsend
Related to Los Angeles Times articles; "Townsend Tells Plan To Pension; Audience of 9000 at Bowl Hears Exposition of Old Age Retirement Scheme." 29 Sep 1934; A1.
Dr. F.E. Townsend, disembarks from an American Airlines plane. Townsend was likely arriving to deliver a speech at the Hollywood Bowl about the "Townsend Plan", an old-age pension proposal that influenced the establishment of the Social Security System.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .