Civilians practice plotting target coordinates for defense battery guns at Ft. MacArthur, 1921.
- Civilians practice plotting target coordinates for defense battery guns at Ft. MacArthur, 1921.
- Date Created
- September 29, 1921
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Handwritten on negative: Ft. McArthur [sic] Plotting room
Most likely men of the first civilian coast artillery gun crew, all members of the Progressive Business Club of Long Beach, plotting coordinates for an exercise in test firing the 12-inch mortar battery guns at Fort MacArthur in San Pedro.
Likely related to Los Angeles Times article, “Civilians Fire Defense Guns: Fighting Parson Prepares for a Scrap.: Minister Among Those to Man Battery at MacArthur.: Enthusiastic Over Power to Use Death-Dealers: Fort Commander Lauds Skill of Amateur Crew.” 30 Sept. 1921: II3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.