Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors signing contract for San Gabriel Dam construction, Los Angeles, 1933
- Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors signing contract for San Gabriel Dam construction, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Construction company vice-president F.J. Anderson and mayor Frank Shaw seated, signing papers at table with books, papers, gavel, and pens, with Roger Jessup, Frances Beatty, Hugh Thatcher, Harry Baine, and John Quinn standing behind them. They are in the new quarters (as of 1932) of the County Supervisors on the 5th floor of the Hall of Records, located at 220 N. Broadway. The walls of the room are decorated with laurel panel molding above marble panels.
This photograph appears with the article "Action of Supervisors Makes More Construction Jobs, Work on Dam Starts Today, Supervisors Sign Contract for San Gabriel No. 1, Rock-Fill Structure Will Cost $8,600,527, Job Will Employ 400 of Workmen in County." Los Angeles Times, 17 Jan. 1933.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Los Angeles County (Calif.). Board of Supervisors
Hall of Records (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Baine, Harry M., 1886-1945
Thatcher, Hugh A., 1876-1957
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
Quinn, John R., 1889-1979
Jessup, Roger W., 1889-1971
Anderson, F. J.
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .