"Venus" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Venus" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
The Long Beach float with Venus, Virginia Johnson, in a sunburst throne with her attendants, Joan Slaughter, Margaret Burley, Mary Lou Turner and Gladys McCleary, dressed in Grecian robes in pastel shades. A huge peacock heads the float, with a fountain in the center supporting 2 green cockatoos with orchid tails. The float is seen passing the Goodhue Flagpole at the intersection of Orange Grove. Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Floats (Parades)--California--Los Angeles
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Turner, Mary Lou
Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .