"Firebird" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Firebird" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
The float of the Rose Parade Queen, Muriel Cowan, features a large Russian Firebird composed of yellow chrysanthemums and lavender sweet peas at the front and three Russian mosques with domes covered in yellow pompoms at the back, behind the queen's throne. The queen is accompanied by six attendants (Dorothy Bruce, Emily Bettainer, Lynn Smith, Shirley Chamberlain, Catherine Butler and Lucille Spelts) and four outwalkers in gowns and veils are also visible, including Manon Harder in front on the left.
View down Colorado Blvd. facing west with the Goodhue Flagpole at the intersection with Orange Grove Blvd. in the distance on the left.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Floats (Parades)--California--Los Angeles
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.