"Birds of Paradise" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Birds of Paradise" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
"Birds of Paradise" float with Helen Waters seated between the floral birds at the end of the float and 3 floral cranes at the front in a bed of Easter lilies, roses and maidenhair fern. The float was entered by the city of Los Angeles and was photographed at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .