"Firebird" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Firebird" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The float of the Rose Parade Queen, Muriel Cowan, features a large Russian Firebird composed of yellow chrysanthemums and lavender sweet peas at the front and three Russian mosques with domes covered in yellow pompoms at the back, behind the queen's throne. The queen is accompanied by six attendants (Dorothy Bruce, Emily Bettainer, Lynn Smith, Shirley Chamberlain, Catherine Butler and Lucille Spelts) and three outwalkers in gowns and veils are also visible. The float was photographed at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .