"Pelican" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Pelican" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Float rendition of a monster pelican 25 feet long and 15 feet high composed of white pompom and chrysanthemums. The float was entered by the city of Manhattan Beach and is seen here at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
- Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .