"Birds of Paradise" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Birds of Paradise" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
"Birds of Paradise" float with Helen Waters seated between the floral birds at the end of the float and 3 floral cranes at the front in a bed of Easter lilies, roses and maidenhair fern. The float was entered by the city of Los Angeles and was photographed on Orange Grove Blvd. before the start of the parade.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.