"Legend of Father Time" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Legend of Father Time" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
The float features Father Time, Donald Simpson, leaning on his scythe standing in front of a floral hour glass, with Bobby Shields personifying Happy New Year, seated nearby. The float was entered by the Pasadena Junior Chamber of Commerce. View facing east towards along the Rose Parade route on West Colorado Blvd. probably between St. John Avenue and Pasadena Avenue (which became a freeway underpass) with the tall Orth Storage building (at 238 W. Colorado Blvd.) visible on the right.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .