"Vikings" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Vikings" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
Float with a Viking ship with a dragon figurehead for the bow and manned by 8 Viking maids: Phyllis Bertino, Frona Conway, Betty Horton, Betty Weaver, Margaret Letzkus, Ruby Draper, Bobbie Sperry and Shirley Rodmeyer. The float was entered by the Venice branch of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce. It is seen in this photograph at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .