"Firebird" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Firebird" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
Spectators next to the float of the Rose Parade Queen, Muriel Cowan, featuring a large Russian Firebird composed of yellow chrysanthemums and lavender sweet peas at the front and three Russian mosques with domes covered in yellow pompoms at the back, behind the queen's throne. The float was photographed on Orange Grove Blvd., probably before the start of the parade.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.