"Court of Lions" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- "Court of Lions" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- January 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1935 forty-sixth annual Rose Parade was "Golden Legends."
The "Court of Lions" is represented by 4 floral lions supporting a fountain in front of a garden enclosure with three arches supported by columns. Three princesses stand around the fountain (Daisy Alexander, Leslie Stoffel and Mary Jane Rueth). The float was entered by the Alhambra Junior Chamber of Commerce. The San Bernardino float appears in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.