"Peacock" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- "Peacock" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- Date Created
- January 2, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Close-up view of the "Peacock" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade with the queen, Marjorie Wise, with Betty Service and Gene Beerkle, maids in waiting seated in a pagoda-like structure at the back. Outwalkers carrying bouquets of roses, dressed as peacocks and attached to the float with pink ribbons. The photograph was taken on Orange Grove Blvd. before the start of the Rose Parade.
The theme of the 1933 forty-fourth annual Rose Parade was "Fairy Tales in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .