"Peacock" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- "Peacock" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- Date Created
- January 2, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1933 forty-fourth annual Rose Parade was "Fairy Tales in Flowers."
Two float outwalkers dressed as peacocks in front of the "Peacock" entered by the city of Long Beach and seen on a residential side street before the start of the Rose Parade. The float has a large floral peacock at the front, a fountain with white swans drinking in the middle and a pagoda-like structure at the back.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .