"Fairyland" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- "Fairyland" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- Date Created
- January 2, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1933 forty-fourth annual Rose Parade was "Fairy Tales in Flowers."
The "Fairyland" float featuring a large 16 foot basket of roses in a garden with mushrooms and inhabited by four fairies and four elves. The float is seen at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd. A radio broadcaster platform covered in greenery is visible on the right.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
- Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .