"Dreams of Pasadena" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1931
- "Dreams of Pasadena" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1931
- Date Created
- January 1, 1931
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
"Dreams of Pasadena" float with a butterfly on top of stacked circular floral stages in front of the Tournament of Roses queen, Mary Lou Waddell, seated on a throne and with smaller butterflies on the sides of the float. Ropes of pink sweetpeas extend to 4 outwalkers. The float was entered by the Tournament of Roses and is seen at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd. with the Goodhue Flagpole in the background.
The theme of the 1931 forty-second annual Rose Parade was "Dreams in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)
Waddell, Mary Lou
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .