"Trail of '93" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1930
- "Trail of '93" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1930
- Date Created
- January 1, 1930
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1930 forty-first annual Rose Parade was "Festival Days in Flowers"
The city of Glendale's "Trail of '93" float portrayed a phase of the Alaskan gold rush with a miniature Yukon River with a mountain range and Aurora Borealle at the back. Outwalker George Hastings in a floral costume represented a prospector. The float was designed by L. W. Chobe and is seen on a residential street, probably Orange Grove Boulevard of a side street off of Orange Grove.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.