"Drummer Boys of '61" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1927
- "Drummer Boys of '61" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1927
- Date Created
- January 1, 1927
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
1927 was the first year the the Rose Parade had a theme, "Songs in Flowers," with each float typifying a song
"Drummer Boys of '61" float with the theme song of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" and with a group of 8 aged veterans with fifes and drums. Entered by the John F. Godfrey Post, G.A.R.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .