"The Wedding of the Orange" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1927
- "The Wedding of the Orange" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1927
- Date Created
- January 1, 1927
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
1927 was the first year the the Rose Parade had a theme, "Songs in Flowers," with each float typifying a song
"The Wedding of the Orange" float with Lucille Brown as the bride, Alpheus Hott as the bridegroom, Norton Barnum as the minister, Eddie Rogers as the best man, Daisy Herlinger as the matron of honor, Frances Atwood, Brownette Kramer, Margaret Cairnes, Ruth McGraw, and Mildred Waycott as bridesmaids. The float was entered by the San Bernardino National Orange Show.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .