"Cabrillo" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- "Cabrillo" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- Date Created
- January 1, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1934 Rose Parade was: Tales of the Seven Seas. It rained during the parade that year.
The "Cabrillo" float shows Cabrillo, discoverer and founder of Santa Barbara, at the helm of a Spanish galleon. The Pasadena Memorial Flagpole (Goodhue Flagpole) is visible behind the float in its original location in the middle of the intersection of Orange Grove and Colorado Boulevard. The float was entered by the city of Santa Barbara.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Tournament of Roses
Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .