"Hansel and Gretel" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- "Hansel and Gretel" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- Date Created
- January 2, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1933 forty-fourth annual Rose Parade was "Fairy Tales in Flowers."
Grand sweepstakes prize winning "Hansel and Gretel" float entered by Glendale with Jewell Lorraine Newcomb as Gretel and Jimmy Strand as Hansel. The float is seen at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove. The float was designed by Mrs. Georgia Josephine Chobe.
- 1 photograph
- 4 x 5 inches
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Newcomb, Jewell Lorraine
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-2040
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .