"King of Flowers" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- "King of Flowers" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- Date Created
- January 2, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The theme of the 1933 forty-fourth annual Rose Parade was "Fairy Tales in Flowers."
"King of Flowers" float entered by the Los Angeles County Fair, Pomona. "LA County Fair" is written in flowers on the side of the float. The float is drawn by 6 Norman horses from the Kellogg School of Animal Husbandry. The Pasadena Memorial Flagpole (Goodhue Flagpole) is visible behind the float in its original location in the middle of the intersection of Orange Grove and Colorado Boulevard.
- 1 photograph
- 4 x 5 inches
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-2043
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .